KDE Wallet
Claude Jones
2008-08-16 08:14:57 UTC
I've got a problem with KDE Wallet on my laptop, which is running F9 with all
the packages from updates-testing and kde-redhat. I'm not sure even how to
describe it since I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. I have been trying
to find information, but, I've reached a mental block.

OK - my symptoms: I've told kmail to remember my passwords, and occasionally,
I get requests saying that kmail has asked to open a wallet, which I've always
told it to allow 'always'. Notwithstanding, I keep getting such requests. If I
try to send a message, I'm always asked for my password, even though that's
been saved. Lots of anomalies like that - similar types of anomalies with
smb4k

On my desktop, if I go into 'system settings' and go to the advanced tab, I
have there a 'KDE Wallet' icon which I can click on and get into configuration
for my wallet; on this laptop, I have no such option...

It would seem that my KDE Wallet is somewhat functional, but crippled. But,
where do I start? What's supposed to start it, and why is there no
configuration option in system settings? All suggestions welcome.
--
Claude Jones
Leesburg, VA

Rex Dieter
2008-08-16 08:39:16 UTC
Claude Jones wrote:
,,,
Post by Claude Jones
It would seem that my KDE Wallet is somewhat functional, but crippled. But,
where do I start? What's supposed to start it, and why is there no
configuration option in system settings? All suggestions welcome.
Try running kwalletmanager (from kdeutils), for additional options/tweaking.

-- Rex

Claude Jones
2008-08-16 14:57:41 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
,,,
Post by Claude Jones
It would seem that my KDE Wallet is somewhat functional, but crippled.
But, where do I start? What's supposed to start it, and why is there no
configuration option in system settings? All suggestions welcome.
Try running kwalletmanager (from kdeutils), for additional
options/tweaking.
Thanks, Rex. Now I feel embarrassed. I could swear I'd checked on the presence
of kdeutils but, lo and behold, it wasn't installed. Installing it seems to
have cured what ailed me -
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA