SL4.7 yum update
Neil Parley
2008-09-30 14:54:39 UTC

I am running scientific Linux 4.7 which is based on El4 update 7. Running
yum update I get an error that it can't find
/redhat/4.7/x86_64/stable/repodata/. I guess this is because repos are not
set up yet for 4.7?

Neil

Rex Dieter
2008-09-30 15:00:40 UTC
Post by Neil Parley
Hi,
I am running scientific Linux 4.7 which is based on El4 update 7. Running
yum update I get an error that it can't find
/redhat/4.7/x86_64/stable/repodata/. I guess this is because repos are not
set up yet for 4.7?
Correct.

Should be fixed now.

-- Rex

Rex Dieter
2008-09-30 15:16:55 UTC
Thanks,
On running I get the following missing dependencies
Error: Missing Dependency: libtag.so.1()(64bit) is needed by package
kdemultimedia
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package
kdebase
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package
kdegraphics
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package
kdelibs
Error: Missing Dependency: libHalf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package
kdelibs
Satisfied by taglib and OpenEXR/openexr from EPEL, or possibly another
3rd-party repo (rpmforge-n-friends).

-- Rex

Neil Parley