k3b Update Help Please
John Thomas
2008-09-13 22:58:17 UTC
May I ask this list for help with troubleshooting a yum update of k3b?
Following are results so far on my CentOS 5.2 box:

yum update
<snip>
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package k3b.i386 0:1.0.5-3.el5 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 for package: k3b
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 is needed by package k3b

rpm -qa | grep k3b
k3b-0.12.17-1.el5
k3b-extras-0.12.17-3.el5.rf

yum -q info k3b
Installed Packages
Name : k3b
Arch : i386
Version: 0.12.17
Release: 1.el5
Size : 25 M
Repo : installed
K3b provides a comfortable user interface to perform most CD/DVD
burning tasks. While the experienced user can take influence in all
steps of the burning process the beginner may find comfort in the
automatic settings and the reasonable k3b defaults which allow a quick
start.

Available Packages
Name : k3b
Arch : i386
Version: 1.0.5
Release: 3.el5
Size : 13 M
Repo : kde
K3b provides a comfortable user interface to perform most CD/DVD
burning tasks. While the experienced user can take influence in all
steps of the burning process the beginner may find comfort in the
automatic settings and the reasonable k3b defaults which allow a quick
start.

yum provides libdbus-qt-1.so.1
<snip>
No Matches found

cat /etc/yum.repos.d/kde.repo
[kde]
name=kde
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/redhat/mirrors-stable
gpgkey=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY
enabled=1
priority=1
[kde-all]
name=kde-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors
gpgkey=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY
enabled=1
priority=20
#all other kde-* repos are enabled=0

Thank you in advance.
--
Sincerely,
John Thomas

Rex Dieter
2008-09-22 21:08:47 UTC
Post by John Thomas
May I ask this list for help with troubleshooting a yum update of k3b?
yum update
<snip>
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package k3b.i386 0:1.0.5-3.el5 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 for package: k3b
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 is needed by package k3b
Hrm, I see different on my EL-5 box:
Error: Missing Dependency: libdvdread.so.3()(64bit) is needed by package k3b

Maybe we're seeing a collision with rpmforge here, I'll go check.

-- Rex

Rex Dieter
2008-09-22 21:17:15 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by John Thomas
May I ask this list for help with troubleshooting a yum update of k3b?
yum update
<snip>
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package k3b.i386 0:1.0.5-3.el5 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 for package: k3b
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 is needed by package k3b
Error: Missing Dependency: libdvdread.so.3()(64bit) is needed by package k3b
Maybe we're seeing a collision with rpmforge here, I'll go check.
libdbus-qt-1.so.1 should be provided by EPEL (pkgname: dbus-qt actually).

My builders had been using rpmforge, and it turns out to be the only
source for libdvdread, I'll work to get that into EPEL as well (and
maybe kde-redhat in the meantime).

-- Rex

Rex Dieter
2008-09-23 14:24:14 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by John Thomas
May I ask this list for help with troubleshooting a yum update of k3b?
yum update
<snip>
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package k3b.i386 0:1.0.5-3.el5 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 for package: k3b
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-qt-1.so.1 is needed by package k3b
Error: Missing Dependency: libdvdread.so.3()(64bit) is needed by package k3b
Maybe we're seeing a collision with rpmforge here, I'll go check.
libdbus-qt-1.so.1 should be provided by EPEL (pkgname: dbus-qt actually).
My builders had been using rpmforge, and it turns out to be the only
source for libdvdread, I'll work to get that into EPEL as well (and
maybe kde-redhat in the meantime).
ok, libdvdread-4.1.3-0.1 should be appearing in kde-redhat/rhel repos real
soon. Hrm, looks like this has a new abi, I'll have to re-check
dependencies (and rebuild things as needed).

-- Rex

Rex Dieter
2008-09-23 15:20:32 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Rex Dieter
My builders had been using rpmforge, and it turns out to be the only
source for libdvdread, I'll work to get that into EPEL as well (and
maybe kde-redhat in the meantime).
ok, libdvdread-4.1.3-0.1 should be appearing in kde-redhat/rhel repos real
soon. Hrm, looks like this has a new abi, I'll have to re-check
dependencies (and rebuild things as needed).
Ugh, I've pinged the rpmforge folks about keeping compatible here:
http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/packagers/2008-September/000712.html

In the meantime, I've moved the libdvdread-4.1.3 builds into the
unstable repo, until further notice.

-- Rex

John Pilkington
2008-09-23 18:40:15 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by John Thomas
[...]
My system (mainly ATrpms based) has libdvdread-0.9.7-4.0.el5.i386 from
ATrpms. This was built April 2007.

The k3b 1.0.5.3 build from kde-redhat still has occasional hangups
between writing and verifying but is substantially better in this than