amarok betas?
Neal Becker
2008-08-25 11:29:01 UTC
Are amarok betas available?

José Matos
2008-08-25 11:36:22 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
They are in unstable. I have installed it on Saturday and it feels like an
evolution from the previous alpha. :-)
--
José Abílio

Florian Sievert
2008-08-25 11:37:21 UTC
Hi Neal,
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
Amarok Beta 1 is already avaible in kde-unstable (1.90)

Best regards,
Florian

Neal Becker
2008-08-25 13:03:29 UTC
Post by Florian Sievert
Hi Neal,
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
Amarok Beta 1 is already avaible in kde-unstable (1.90)
Best regards,
Florian
Updated: amarok.x86_64 0:1.90-1.fc9
Complete!
[***@nbecker1 ~]$ amarok
amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined symbol:
_ZN16QFileSystemModel5eventEP6QEvent

Rex Dieter
2008-08-25 13:13:56 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Florian Sievert
Hi Neal,
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
Amarok Beta 1 is already avaible in kde-unstable (1.90)
Best regards,
Florian
Updated: amarok.x86_64 0:1.90-1.fc9
Complete!
amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined
symbol: _ZN16QFileSystemModel5eventEP6QEvent
You need the latest qt-4.4.1 from updates-testing.
Hrm, I suppose I didn't pull that into kde-redhat/testing yet. Maybe
I'll do that. :)
Nevermind, confirmed to already be the case.

-- Rex

Rex Dieter

Rex Dieter
2008-08-25 19:54:27 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Florian Sievert
Hi Neal,
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
Amarok Beta 1 is already avaible in kde-unstable (1.90)
Best regards,
Florian
Updated: amarok.x86_64 0:1.90-1.fc9
Complete!
amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined
symbol: _ZN16QFileSystemModel5eventEP6QEvent
I've rev'd a newer 1.90-1.fc9.1 build that tightens deps a bit, to try to
avoid this kind of thing.

-- Rex

Neal Becker
2008-08-25 23:22:24 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Florian Sievert
Hi Neal,
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
Amarok Beta 1 is already avaible in kde-unstable (1.90)
Best regards,
Florian
Updated: amarok.x86_64 0:1.90-1.fc9
Complete!
amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined
symbol: _ZN16QFileSystemModel5eventEP6QEvent
I've rev'd a newer 1.90-1.fc9.1 build that tightens deps a bit, to try to
avoid this kind of thing.
Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/share/qt4/translations/assistant_de.qm from install of
qt-4.4.1-2.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package qt-4.3.5-2.fc9.i386
file /usr/share/qt4/translations/assistant_pl.qm from install of
qt-4.4.1-2.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package qt-4.3.5-2.fc9.i386
... lots more

Seems we need qt-4.4.1.i386 also.

Rex Dieter
2008-08-26 00:01:53 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Florian Sievert
Hi Neal,
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
Amarok Beta 1 is already avaible in kde-unstable (1.90)
Best regards,
Florian
Updated: amarok.x86_64 0:1.90-1.fc9
Complete!
amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined
symbol: _ZN16QFileSystemModel5eventEP6QEvent
I've rev'd a newer 1.90-1.fc9.1 build that tightens deps a bit, to try to
avoid this kind of thing.
file /usr/share/qt4/translations/assistant_de.qm from install of
qt-4.4.1-2.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package qt-4.3.5-2.fc9.i386
file /usr/share/qt4/translations/assistant_pl.qm from install of
qt-4.4.1-2.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package qt-4.3.5-2.fc9.i386
... lots more
Seems we need qt-4.4.1.i386 also.
As I've mentioned before, kde-redhat repos don't do multilib. If you're
on x86_64 and want/need multilib, you need to fix it manually.

Fix by either fetching the i386 builds from i386 repo by either enabling
the i386 repo or getting them by hand.

Or... just use fedora's updates-testing repo which *is* multilib'd.

-- Rex

Neal Becker
2008-08-26 00:20:57 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Florian Sievert
Hi Neal,
Post by Neal Becker
Are amarok betas available?
Amarok Beta 1 is already avaible in kde-unstable (1.90)
Best regards,
Florian
Updated: amarok.x86_64 0:1.90-1.fc9
Complete!
amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined
symbol: _ZN16QFileSystemModel5eventEP6QEvent
I've rev'd a newer 1.90-1.fc9.1 build that tightens deps a bit, to try
to avoid this kind of thing.
file /usr/share/qt4/translations/assistant_de.qm from install of
qt-4.4.1-2.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
qt-4.3.5-2.fc9.i386 file /usr/share/qt4/translations/assistant_pl.qm from
install of qt-4.4.1-2.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
qt-4.3.5-2.fc9.i386 ... lots more
Seems we need qt-4.4.1.i386 also.
As I've mentioned before, kde-redhat repos don't do multilib. If you're
on x86_64 and want/need multilib, you need to fix it manually.
Fix by either fetching the i386 builds from i386 repo by either enabling
the i386 repo or getting them by hand.
Or... just use fedora's updates-testing repo which *is* multilib'd.
-- Rex
But you can't live without qt.i386, unless you don't want any kde devel
packages:

Removing:
qt i386 1:4.3.5-2.fc9 installed 5.9 M
Removing for dependencies:
kdebase-workspace-devel x86_64 4.1.0-3.fc9 installed 3.4 M
kdebindings-devel x86_64 4.1.0-5.fc9 installed 383 k
kdeedu-devel x86_64 4.1.0-1.fc9 installed 335 k
kdegames-devel x86_64 6:4.1.0-1.fc9 installed 500 k
kdegraphics-devel x86_64 7:4.1.0-3.fc9 installed 193 k
kdelibs-devel x86_64 6:4.1.0-3.fc9 installed 6.0 M
kdemultimedia-devel x86_64 6:4.1.0-1.fc9 installed 495 k
kdenetwork-devel x86_64 7:4.1.0-2.fc9 installed 788 k
kdepim-devel x86_64 6:4.1.0-2.fc9 installed 398 k
kdepimlibs-devel x86_64 4.1.0-1.fc9 installed 1.6 M
kdesdk-devel x86_64 4.1.0-1.fc9 installed 613 k
phonon i386 4.2.0-2.fc9 installed 358 k
phonon-devel i386 4.2.0-2.fc9 installed 211 k
qt-x11 i386 1:4.3.5-2.fc9 installed 16 M
soprano i386 2.0.3-2.fc9 installed 1.5 M
strigi-libs i386 0.5.11-1.fc9 installed 1.1 M

Rex Dieter
2008-08-26 11:43:37 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
But you can't live without qt.i386, unless you don't want any kde devel
That's what multilib means. You have *both* foo-devel.i386 and
foo-devel.x86_64 installed. If you want to remove foo.i386, then of
course you also need to remove foo-devel.i386 (but foo-devel.x86_64 can
and does stay).

-- Rex

Neal Becker
2008-08-26 10:59:41 UTC
I guess there is no mp3 support in amarok? (Previously, amarok-extras-nonfree
from livna provided this).

Rex Dieter
2008-08-26 11:35:34 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
I guess there is no mp3 support in amarok? (Previously, amarok-extras-nonfree
from livna provided this).
amarok2 uses phonon. phonon has 2 backends:
phonon-backend-xine
phonon-backend-gstreamer

xine is (should be!) the default. If you want to be able to play
encumbered content, you need the plugins/addons installed for either
xine (xine-lib-extras-nonfree) or gstreamer (not sure).

-- Rex

Neal Becker
2008-08-26 11:55:29 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
I guess there is no mp3 support in amarok? (Previously,
amarok-extras-nonfree from livna provided this).
phonon-backend-xine
phonon-backend-gstreamer
xine is (should be!) the default. If you want to be able to play
encumbered content, you need the plugins/addons installed for either
xine (xine-lib-extras-nonfree) or gstreamer (not sure).
I have xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.12-1.lvn9.x86_64

but amarok-1.90 plays ogg, but no sound for mp3s.

Rex Dieter
2008-08-26 13:34:20 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
I guess there is no mp3 support in amarok? (Previously,
amarok-extras-nonfree from livna provided this).
phonon-backend-xine
phonon-backend-gstreamer
xine is (should be!) the default. If you want to be able to play
encumbered content, you need the plugins/addons installed for either
xine (xine-lib-extras-nonfree) or gstreamer (not sure).
I have xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.12-1.lvn9.x86_64
but amarok-1.90 plays ogg, but no sound for mp3s.
sounds like you may be using the wrong phonon backend (gst or gstreamer)?

-- Rex

Eduardo Habkost
2008-08-26 14:20:37 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
I have xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.12-1.lvn9.x86_64
but amarok-1.90 plays ogg, but no sound for mp3s.
sounds like you may be using the wrong phonon backend (gst or gstreamer)?
A related question: is using gstreamer as the phonon backend supposed to
work with Amarok?

In my case, Phonon was configured to use gstreamer (I didn't even had
the xine backend installed) and I've installed gstreamer-plugins-bad
and gstreamer-plugins-base, but Amarok refused to play any ogg or mp3
file. The ogg files weren't even appearing in the directory listing
at the "files" tab.

After installing and setting up the xine backend and
xine-lib-extras-nonfree, Amarok is now able to play my files.

Now I need to figure out why the songs don't appear in the "collection"
tab. I have all artists and albuns listed, but when I click the "+" to
open an album, there are no songs listed under it. Dragging the album
to the playlist doesn't work, either. The only way to get anything added
to my playlist was dragging files from the "files" tab.

I did an "update collection" and "rescan collection", but it didn't help.
--
Eduardo

Rex Dieter
2008-08-26 14:35:51 UTC
Post by Eduardo Habkost
In my case, Phonon was configured to use gstreamer (I didn't even had
the xine backend installed) and I've installed gstreamer-plugins-bad
and gstreamer-plugins-base, but Amarok refused to play any ogg or mp3
file. The ogg files weren't even appearing in the directory listing
at the "files" tab.
After installing and setting up the xine backend and
xine-lib-extras-nonfree, Amarok is now able to play my files.
Now I need to figure out why the songs don't appear in the "collection"
tab. I have all artists and albuns listed, but when I click the "+" to
open an album, there are no songs listed under it. Dragging the album
to the playlist doesn't work, either. The only way to get anything added
to my playlist was dragging files from the "files" tab.
I did an "update collection" and "rescan collection", but it didn't help.
Confirmed, I can't much, if anything, to show in my collection either,
oggs, mp3's or otherwise. Doesn't matter which phonon backend is in
use. Collection view seems to have not much to do with the ability to
actually play the content. These seem to be separate issues.

-- Rex

Eduardo Habkost
2008-08-26 14:48:36 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Eduardo Habkost
Now I need to figure out why the songs don't appear in the "collection"
tab. I have all artists and albuns listed, but when I click the "+" to
open an album, there are no songs listed under it. Dragging the album
to the playlist doesn't work, either. The only way to get anything added
to my playlist was dragging files from the "files" tab.
I did an "update collection" and "rescan collection", but it didn't help.
Confirmed, I can't much, if anything, to show in my collection either,
oggs, mp3's or otherwise. Doesn't matter which phonon backend is in
use. Collection view seems to have not much to do with the ability to
actually play the content. These seem to be separate issues.
My collection listing problem was solved after deleting my collection.db
files.

Now everything seems to be working, except for some crashes when I try
zoom in/out the "now playing" panel.
--
Eduardo

Neal Becker
2008-08-26 15:35:49 UTC
I am set to xine backend, but it doesn't work with amarok-1.90/mp3, only ogg.

With amarok-1.4.9.1-3.fc9.x86_64 both ogg and mp3 are fine.

kwhiskerz
2008-08-26 16:49:25 UTC
Post by Eduardo Habkost
Now I need to figure out why the songs don't appear in the "collection"
tab. I have all artists and albuns listed, but when I click the "+" to
open an album, there are no songs listed under it. Dragging the album
to the playlist doesn't work, either. The only way to get anything added
to my playlist was dragging files from the "files" tab.
I did an "update collection" and "rescan collection", but it didn't help.
Yes, this has been a problem for some time. The collection is scanned and the
artists and albums appear, but one cannot open the album '+' to see the songs,
hence it is impossible to add a song to the playlist.

Rex Dieter
2008-08-26 17:10:23 UTC
Post by kwhiskerz
Post by Eduardo Habkost
Now I need to figure out why the songs don't appear in the "collection"
tab. I have all artists and albuns listed, but when I click the "+" to
open an album, there are no songs listed under it. Dragging the album
to the playlist doesn't work, either. The only way to get anything added
to my playlist was dragging files from the "files" tab.
I did an "update collection" and "rescan collection", but it didn't help.
Yes, this has been a problem for some time. The collection is scanned and the
artists and albums appear, but one cannot open the album '+' to see the songs,
hence it is impossible to add a song to the playlist.
fyi, fix
rm -f ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection.db

then rescan collection

-- Rex

kwhiskerz
2008-08-26 19:26:55 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
fyi, fix
rm -f ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection.db
then rescan collection
Perfect!

Thomas Moschny
2008-08-26 20:12:42 UTC
Post by kwhiskerz
Post by Rex Dieter
fyi, fix
rm -f ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection.db
then rescan collection
Perfect!
Works here as well, thx for the hint.
One problem though, it always plays only one item from the playlist
and then stops. What am I missing?

- Thomas