f10/unstable: kde-4.1.80, deps fixed (except compiz)
Rex Dieter
2008-12-09 16:18:20 UTC
ok, most broken deps should be fixed now.

The only exception is: compiz-related stuff. Backporting/rebuilding the
compiz stack is non-trivial, so I'm leaving that out. So, you want to
use this stuff, you'll need to remove broken/conflicting compiz bits.
apologies.

I'll be trying these pkgs out myself later today, and continue working
on a livecd.

-- Rex
Eli Wapniarski
2008-12-09 21:02:48 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
ok, most broken deps should be fixed now.
The only exception is: compiz-related stuff. Backporting/rebuilding the
compiz stack is non-trivial, so I'm leaving that out. So, you want to
use this stuff, you'll need to remove broken/conflicting compiz bits.
apologies.
Thanks for the info Rex. I'm assuming that the compiz stuff will work OK when
4.2 is finally released to Updates?

I've managed to get 4.1.8 installed and I've started working with it. I'm a
happy camper now that the folder view has been added and double line of apps
are on the task manager again.

A small bug with icons overlapping with the panel that I've added to the top
of my screen which I will report in a day or two. And it would seem that I
will need to recompile some of the plasmoids that I've been using. But yah...
things are looking up.

Eli
believed to be clean.
José Matos
2008-12-10 08:20:04 UTC
Post by Eli Wapniarski
A small bug with icons overlapping with the panel that I've added to the
top of my screen which I will report in a day or two. And it would seem
that I will need to recompile some of the plasmoids that I've been using.
But yah... things are looking up.
4.1.82 will be released soon so I would suggest to wait a bit to see if this
is fixed there.
Post by Eli Wapniarski
Eli
José Abílio
Eli Wapniarski
2008-12-10 17:06:27 UTC
Post by José Matos
Post by Eli Wapniarski
A small bug with icons overlapping with the panel that I've added to the
top of my screen which I will report in a day or two. And it would seem
that I will need to recompile some of the plasmoids that I've been using.
But yah... things are looking up.
4.1.82 will be released soon so I would suggest to wait a bit to see if
this is fixed there.
Thanks for the heads up. Will do.

Eli
believed to be clean.
Rex Dieter
2008-12-10 16:12:05 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
ok, most broken deps should be fixed now.
The only exception is: compiz-related stuff. Backporting/rebuilding the
compiz stack is non-trivial, so I'm leaving that out. So, you want to
use this stuff, you'll need to remove broken/conflicting compiz bits.
apologies.
OK, thanks to heroic backporting efforts of fellow kde-sig'er, Kevin
Kofler, we now have compatible compiz pkgs too.

-- Rex
Eli Wapniarski
2008-12-10 20:56:42 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Rex Dieter
ok, most broken deps should be fixed now.
The only exception is: compiz-related stuff. Backporting/rebuilding the
compiz stack is non-trivial, so I'm leaving that out. So, you want to
use this stuff, you'll need to remove broken/conflicting compiz bits.
apologies.
OK, thanks to heroic backporting efforts of fellow kde-sig'er, Kevin
Kofler, we now have compatible compiz pkgs too.
Unfortuneately compiz-kde, when installed, causes the decorator to crash :(

Eli
believed to be clean.
Neal Becker
2008-12-12 00:20:52 UTC
What is suggested way to test?

yum --enablerepo=kde-unstable update 'kde*' ?
Rex Dieter
2008-12-12 05:21:07 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
What is suggested way to test?
yum --enablerepo=kde-unstable update 'kde*' ?
That may miss some stuff, I'd recommend simply: