Plasma crash installing new Plasma theme
Colin J Thomson
2008-07-27 13:45:41 UTC

First new problem I have come across after the upgrade to fedora-testing kde4
is a Plasma crash when trying to install a new Plasma theme.

Desktop settings > new theme > install new theme, clicking apply crashes
Plasma.

Rolling back to kde-redhat's kdebase-* packages fixes the problem and all
works as it should.

Related to the back ported Tooltip patch I wonder..

Cheers

Colin
--
Fedora 9 (Sulphur)
Registered Linux user number #342953

Rex Dieter
2008-07-27 18:13:56 UTC
Post by Colin J Thomson
Hi,
First new problem I have come across after the upgrade to fedora-testing kde4
is a Plasma crash when trying to install a new Plasma theme.
Desktop settings > new theme > install new theme, clicking apply crashes
Plasma.
Rolling back to kde-redhat's kdebase-* packages fixes the problem and all
works as it should.
Related to the back ported Tooltip patch I wonder..
Thx, confirmed. Please report to bugzilla.redhat.com.

Looks like we may have to consider playing it safe, making the tooltip
patch rawhide-only.

-- Rex

Colin J Thomson
2008-07-27 18:52:02 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Colin J Thomson
First new problem I have come across after the upgrade to fedora-testing
kde4 is a Plasma crash when trying to install a new Plasma theme.
Desktop settings > new theme > install new theme, clicking apply crashes
Plasma.
Rolling back to kde-redhat's kdebase-* packages fixes the problem and all
works as it should.
Related to the back ported Tooltip patch I wonder..
Thx, confirmed. Please report to bugzilla.redhat.com.
Ok Rex Bug #456820

Cheers

Colin