kdm question
Colin J Thomson
2008-07-15 23:48:53 UTC

First off thanks very much for kde-4.1rc1 Rex, very impressive indeed and
stable, its nice to be able to move Icons on the panel and resize the panel
with ease now amongst many many other things :)
All we need now is for Nvidia to get there drivers fixed.

Now kdm, tonight I tried to grab a new Theme but upon starting Theme manger I
am presented with:

Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes
Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/faces

So the downloaded Theme does not install, am I guessing right this is a Fedora
problem before I go bug hunting on kde.bugs ? I seem to remember comment re
this in the kde sig meetings but am unable to read some of the irc logs to
check.

This has been since 4.0.x

Any thoughts

Cheers

Colin
--
Fedora 9 (Sulphur)
Registered Linux user number #342953

Rex Dieter
2008-07-16 16:42:58 UTC
Post by Colin J Thomson
Now kdm, tonight I tried to grab a new Theme but upon starting Theme
Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes
Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/faces
Theme manager is broken/buggy, it *SHOULD* be looking
in /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/

Can you file a bug please?

-- Rex

Rex Dieter
2008-07-16 16:45:00 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Colin J Thomson
Now kdm, tonight I tried to grab a new Theme but upon starting Theme
Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes
Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/faces
Theme manager is broken/buggy, it *SHOULD* be looking
in /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/
Can you file a bug please?
@ bugzilla.redhat.com that is (this is something we'll need to fix in
fedora first, then push upstream).

-- Rex

Colin J Thomson
2008-07-16 17:35:16 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Colin J Thomson
Now kdm, tonight I tried to grab a new Theme but upon starting Theme
Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/themes
Unable to create folder /usr/share/apps/kdm/faces
Theme manager is broken/buggy, it *SHOULD* be looking
in /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/
Can you file a bug please?
@ bugzilla.redhat.com that is (this is something we'll need to fix in
fedora first, then push upstream).