OT: facility that could be very useful for some users
Anne Wilson
2008-11-01 17:47:40 UTC
Nothing to do with KDE at all, but my ISP's newsletter carried the following
entry, which looks as though it could be useful to some people:

GET BACK TO ME LATER
If you get e-mail messages that you know you should reply to, but would rather
handle at another time, you might appreciate HitMeLater.com, which lets you
delete a message but have it sent back to you again later - when you think you
might be up to dealing with it. Send any message to ***@hitmelater.com, and
it'll come back 12 hours later. Send it to ***@hitmelater.com, and you
can read it again at the weekend. The service is free and there's no signing-
up to do. There's a similar service at iwantsandy.com with more options. You
do have to register, but it covers a wider range of dates and customisation
free of charge. You can write or copy any message you like, as long as it
begins with "remember" or "remind", such as "Remember to look at this in 7
days" or "Remind me about this on 11/12/08".
http://www.hitmelater.com
http://www.iwantsandy.com

Anne
John5342
Anne Wilson
2008-11-01 18:40:49 UTC
Post by John5342
Dont know if this is kmail4 only but an alternative is to right click the
message and select "Create ToDo/Reminder".
Of course, and the various components of kontact can handle all I need, but
if, say, I wanted the reminder while I was at work, a reminder on my local box
wouldn't help much. I imagine that's the sort of situation where this would
help.

Just a thought. It may help someone.

Anne
John5342
Andreas Petzold
2008-11-02 12:20:19 UTC
Post by Anne Wilson
Post by John5342
Dont know if this is kmail4 only but an alternative is to right click the
message and select "Create ToDo/Reminder".
Of course, and the various components of kontact can handle all I need, but
if, say, I wanted the reminder while I was at work, a reminder on my local box
wouldn't help much. I imagine that's the sort of situation where this would
help.
using IMAP resources in Kontact for To-Dos, calendar, address book
etc. I can create a To-Do/reminder at home and be reminded by Kontact
at work.

Cheers,

Andreas

Anne Wilson
2008-11-02 12:30:15 UTC
Post by Andreas Petzold
Post by Anne Wilson
Post by John5342
Dont know if this is kmail4 only but an alternative is to right click
the message and select "Create ToDo/Reminder".
Of course, and the various components of kontact can handle all I need,
but if, say, I wanted the reminder while I was at work, a reminder on my
local box
wouldn't help much. I imagine that's the sort of situation where this
would help.
using IMAP resources in Kontact for To-Dos, calendar, address book
etc. I can create a To-Do/reminder at home and be reminded by Kontact
at work.
Unfortunately, it's not always easy. I did try imap resources, but I found
that every time I connected it created duplicate mail messages. No-one seemed
to be able to tell me why it happened. I know that some people had it
working, trouble-free, but others had the same problem as I had.

I don't even know whether it was the server version or the client version that
was causing the problem. I'd give it another try if it was likely to be the
client, but the server runs CentOS, so that probably hasn't changed since my
last attempt.

Anne