kfontview, does it work?
Neal Becker
2008-11-19 16:09:25 UTC
kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-10.fc9.x86_64

I tried kfontview, it doesn't seem to display any text for any of my ttf
fonts.

Rex Dieter
2008-11-19 16:14:28 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-10.fc9.x86_64
I tried kfontview, it doesn't seem to display any text for any of my ttf
fonts.
works here, mind sending my a sample of a non-working font?

Have you tried anything in /usr/share/fonts?

-- Rex

Neal Becker
2008-11-19 17:43:57 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-10.fc9.x86_64
I tried kfontview, it doesn't seem to display any text for any of my ttf
fonts.
works here, mind sending my a sample of a non-working font?
Have you tried anything in /usr/share/fonts?
-- Rex
Here is /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf. Acutally, all fonts look the
same :)
Anne Wilson
2008-11-19 18:42:18 UTC
On Wednesday 19 November 2008 17:43:57 Neal Becker
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-10.fc9.x86_64
I tried kfontview, it doesn't seem to display any
text for any of my
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
ttf fonts.
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Have you tried anything in /usr/share/fonts?
-- Rex
Here is /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf.
Acutally, all fonts look
Post by Neal Becker
the same :)
It works with kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-14.fc10.i386 - see
attached

Anne
Rex Dieter
2008-11-19 18:45:42 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-10.fc9.x86_64
I tried kfontview, it doesn't seem to display any text for any of my ttf
fonts.
works here, mind sending my a sample of a non-working font?
Have you tried anything in /usr/share/fonts?
-- Rex
Here is /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf. Acutally, all fonts look the
same :)
confirmed good here.

What video hw/driver are you using? (/me suspects nvidia in there
somewhere).

-- Rex

Neal Becker
2008-11-19 20:19:44 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-10.fc9.x86_64
I tried kfontview, it doesn't seem to display any text for any of my
ttf fonts.
works here, mind sending my a sample of a non-working font?
Have you tried anything in /usr/share/fonts?
-- Rex
Here is /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf. Acutally, all fonts look
the same :)
confirmed good here.
What video hw/driver are you using? (/me suspects nvidia in there
somewhere).
-- Rex
Well, it IS nvidia's latest (from rpmfusion), but do you really think that's
it? I can see the fonts fine in all other apps.

Rex Dieter
2008-11-19 22:34:42 UTC
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Neal Becker
Well, it IS nvidia's latest (from rpmfusion), but do you really think that's
it? I can see the fonts fine in all other apps.
Not sure, but if the only one(s) seeing this are using nvidia, it's hard
to ignore.

I asked because seeing your comment tickled a memory of seeing a
similar/related problem reported to ubuntu's launchpad recently (and it
involved nvidia drivers).

-- Rex

John5342
2008-11-19 23:06:42 UTC
This doesnt rule out drivers as the package i am using is still in
rpm-fusion-updates-testing but kmod-nvidia-newest is showing the fonts
perfectly over here.
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Neal Becker
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Neal Becker
Neal Becker
2008-11-20 01:23:50 UTC
Post by John5342
This doesnt rule out drivers as the package i am using is still in
rpm-fusion-updates-testing but kmod-nvidia-newest is showing the fonts
perfectly over here.
same here:
kmod-nvidia-newest-2.6.27.5-41.fc9.x86_64-177.82-1.fc9.2.x86_64
kmod-nvidia-newest-2.6.27.5-37.fc9.x86_64-177.82-1.fc9.2.x86_64

Martin
2008-11-20 02:05:50 UTC

I'm using nvidia driver version 180.06 BETA - it solves glitches with Ooo,
java etc. in KDE 4 -, and I can see al fonts perfectly. But, what did you
exactly mean with 'all fonts look the same'? You just gave one example. To
what do I have to compare it?

regards,

Martin

---
Neal Becker
2008-11-20 02:39:36 UTC
Post by Martin
Hi,
I'm using nvidia driver version 180.06 BETA - it solves glitches with Ooo,
java etc. in KDE 4 -, and I can see al fonts perfectly. But, what did you
exactly mean with 'all fonts look the same'? You just gave one example. To
what do I have to compare it?
I tried a variety of fonts, and all of them display _nothing_.

Neal Becker
2008-11-24 23:37:38 UTC
I just tried booting without nvidia closed driver, and guess what? Fonts are
displaying fine!