Is kdenetwork-3.5.8 -8the latest and greatest for RHEL4?
Paul Kennedy
2008-07-14 21:47:34 UTC
I notice that the stable RPM for RHEL4/i386 is kdenetwork-3.5.8-8 but it's kdenetwork-3.5.9-2 for RHEL5/i386.

Did 3.5.9 not build for RHEL4? Did I miss some mail explaining this?

- Paul K

---

Rex Dieter
2008-07-14 23:40:48 UTC
Post by Paul Kennedy
I notice that the stable RPM for RHEL4/i386 is kdenetwork-3.5.8-8 but it's kdenetwork-3.5.9-2 for RHEL5/i386.
Did 3.5.9 not build for RHEL4? Did I miss some mail explaining this?
I'd bet the reason for this is either accidental or oversight. Either
way, my bad. I'll work to get a rhel4 3.5.9-ish build spinning asap.

-- Rex

Rex Dieter
2008-07-15 01:11:40 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Paul Kennedy
I notice that the stable RPM for RHEL4/i386 is kdenetwork-3.5.8-8 but it's kdenetwork-3.5.9-2 for RHEL5/i386.
Did 3.5.9 not build for RHEL4? Did I miss some mail explaining this?
I'd bet the reason for this is either accidental or oversight. Either
way, my bad. I'll work to get a rhel4 3.5.9-ish build spinning asap.
Looks like some V4L brekage in kopete, needs some TLC:
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/mock/redhat-4-i386-kde/kdenetwork/

-- Rex

Rex Dieter
2008-07-15 06:10:13 UTC
Post by Rex Dieter
Post by Paul Kennedy
I notice that the stable RPM for RHEL4/i386 is kdenetwork-3.5.8-8 but
it's kdenetwork-3.5.9-2 for RHEL5/i386.
Did 3.5.9 not build for RHEL4? Did I miss some mail explaining this?
I'd bet the reason for this is either accidental or oversight. Either
way, my bad. I'll work to get a rhel4 3.5.9-ish build spinning asap.
make that:
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/mock/redhat-4-i386-enterprise-kde/kdenetwork/

-- Rex

Paul Kennedy
2008-07-15 00:07:26 UTC
Post by Paul Kennedy
Did 3.5.9 not build for RHEL4? Did I miss some mail explaining this?
I'd bet the reason for this is either accidental or oversight. Either
way, my bad. I'll work to get a rhel4 3.5.9-ish build spinning asap.
-- Rex
Me and the other two remaining EL4 users appreciate the effort.

- Paul K