SHM compositing lost with xorg-x11-server-Xorg 1.5.0-2
Ravi
2008-09-26 19:49:50 UTC
Hello,
I did a routine upgrade on my up-to-date F9 x86_64 system with an ATI R500-
based card. After the upgrade, using shared memory for OpenGL compositing with
kwin leads to screen corruption. I have reverted to using textures from
pixmap, but I'd like to figure out why shared memory fails. Here are the
relevant packages:
mesa-libOSMesa-devel-7.1-1.fc9
mesa-libGLU-devel-7.1-1.fc9
mesa-libGL-devel-7.1-1.fc9
mesa-libGLU-7.1-1.fc9
glx-utils-7.1-1.fc9
mesa-libGL-7.1-1.fc9
mesa-dri-drivers-7.1-1.fc9
mesa-libOSMesa-7.1-1.fc9
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.5.0-2.fc9
xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.8.0-19.fc9
kdebase-workspace-devel-4.1.1-1.fc9
kdelibs-devel-4.1.1-12.fc9
Is there a known problem with SHM compositing on 1.5.0? Downgrading to a
previous version of mesa does not fix it. The only extra option I have in my
xorg.conf for this card is AccelMathod EXA. As far as I can tell, the only
relevant packages updated are xorg-x11-server-* from a pre-1.5.0 version and
kdelibs.

Should I prefer textures from pixmap (as opposed to shared memory) for
compositing? My understanding is that SHM is faster but I am happy to stand
corrected.

Regards,
Ravi