KDE 4.1.1 nearly unusable without kmod-nvidia
Arthur Pemberton
2008-09-14 06:22:20 UTC
Long story short, I booted a kernel without a matching kmod-nvidia, I
wasn't going to bother rebooting to the past kernel since things
seemed ok.

Then I tried to open KRDC, the desktop went to very dark shades of
blue -- I figured it was just KRDC, since it caused visual problems
even with the kmod
Then I tried top open Konqueror, same dark blue issue
Then I tried to open KSettings to verify that I didn't have desktop
effects on, the text was not ledgible due to the colors, but finally
made out a checkbox, which was off
Then I tried to open KSnapshop to grab a screen shot, same issue, took
screenshot, rebooted to older kernel

Now back to normal, I check the screen shot, it looks just fine, ie.
it doesn't show the visual defects. For each of the mentioned apps,
closing them causes the problem to go away.

Here is my smolt profile:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_e429f170-cbfd-4434-a49f-16ef2aadcb54
--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin